The following texts are available at the PSU bookstore
- Larry Beck & Ted Cable, Interpretation for the 21st Century: Fifteen Guiding Principles for Interpreting Nature and Culture
- Alice Parman & Jeffrey Jane Flowers, Exhibit Makeovers: A Do-It-Yourself Workbook for Small Museums
- Beverly Serrell, Exhibit Labels: An Interpretive Approach
- Cathy Stanton, The Lowell Experiment: Public History in a Postindustrial City
- Freeman Tilden, Interpreting Our Heritage
The following texts are available online:
- John A. Hussey, The History of Fort Vancouver and Its Physical Structure.
- Barry Mackintosh, Interpretation in the National Park Service: A Critical Perspective.
- Jane T. Merritt, Administrative History: Fort Vancouver NHS.
- Donna Sinclair, Part One, "Our Manifest Destiny Bids Fair for Fulfillment": An Historical Overview of Vancouver Barracks, 1846-1898.
- National Park Service, Long Range Interpretive Plan, Vancouver National Historic Reserve.
Greg will provide you with copies of pertinent articles and other documents.